Thursday, March 24, 2011

An interesting night....to another event-filled day

So them pictures.. I think they're in order by when I took them, if not, which I'll look over I'll change it so that it is.... Anyway from where I left off...

checked in.. took a little nap which turned longer than expected after waking to new roommates and fully situated with all my stuff where I wanted it... I headed out to see some sites and whatnot... but the main was the Palacio Real.... oh what a trick though... I researched awhile back and it was that Wednesday's are gratis. It's a good to know that word.... at home home or anywhere... LOL. Anyway the Palacio Real was free, just not for me. It was free for locals. BOO SAUCE! but dicount for being a student... rock on! So anything inside was prohibited para hacer fotograficas, hence the blurry pictures.... they are my secret photos. I chuckled to myself when this man had his professional camera and took shots while the camera hung from his neck.... haha SECRET PICTURES! sounds bad but hey anything to enhance the experience...

the palacio was magnificent. although it was obviously set for the touristy kine, i didn't mind, which of course we needed to make it tourist friendly, instead of climbing over things etc etc... but it was beautiful.. imaging how it would of been to live there as royal. Coming out of that, the Madrid Cathedral was right next door... Unfortunately I was unable to go inside due to renovation and etc. But there was a museo of the cathderal that was closed by the time I got there. so I walked back making my way to where I temporarily call home.
Getting back, I told myself that I would upload the pictures and go out to walk around.... haha bad times... I feel asleep and was awoken by Jane and the other roomy, Anup. Waking up to laughs, its a fun thang..... "Aint no thang like a chicken wang.... "

so a couple more hours resting a little and then decided to go out... yeah! I checked out the common billboard area finding a poster for international students... yeah so we checked that out to find a group of maybe about 6 ladies already situated in the booth chairs chatting it up. Looked up as we walked in but that was about it. We ordered a drink and sat for a little hoping for more people to come in but nada. We decided to head out and possibly find another place or just go home and wait til the next night again. On our way back, taking the subway (metro), we stopped by this resturant the only one that happened to be open and ordered a club sandwhich, which came with some mini fries... which we didnt know for a very cheap price... and it was good! what an a-okay night...

coming back we saw some new stuffs for new roomies but they were gone. Yeah they're were cool....

woke up to some chatter wasn't bad but insightful after listening to all of it. Hey don't get mad at me for eavesdropping but we're in a dorm kine so ydi. haha but yeah these girls were major travellers, you know that's major jealousy. but yeah they left at 11, the check out time heading toward Barcelona. Also Anup left too at 6, I think he was heading to Grenada? Then there was two.

Jane and I got ready leisurely and headed out for brunch. mercado for some lunch meat and some cheese. Salami and Havarti. Then to El supermercado de San Miguel for a single euro baguette. putting all of it together to make the best sandwhich made in Madrid. (Because it was the only sandwhich made in here...) Anyway we accompanied that sandwhich with a glass of sangria. hmmm...

After fillling up a little, we headed over to El museo de Riena Sofia, and if you can't see the size of it.... OMG, huge. Jane and I didn't even get to view every piece. Although the works of Picasso was there, as well as Dali. Muy hermosas! I did however take a snap of Picasso's Guernica. =*

After successfully seeing thoses pieces, we decided to get a jolt of coffee. Nice coffee art as you check it out in the photos...


I was actually gonna finish this post but it felt like it was a week ago.,... so maybe I'll finish by the pictures later on.... gag! yawn! cough!

No comments:

Post a Comment