Sunday, March 27, 2011

Roomies..

This post is skipping on still in update mode... =)

Today the quarter sort of starts. Maybe not the best day to start, although the sun has come to show its face. I’m currently on the bus to Leon. So goodbye to Madrid for now. Yeah had a conversation with Paul M about how the points rack up for Madrid and not for Seattle. But the magnificence of Madrid and its characteristics of modern and that historical feel.
Our hostel was great , and I agree with Jane that the only down part of it all would be that there isn’t a common room. In overall the roommates came and go in my two-three nights as I was there. I’ll briefly connote each: Anupe: described as knowledgeable, insightful and entertaining. I wasn’t the one who had experienced his presence first-hand but I have met him. Erika, Rodi (?) and another which I forgot her name. These girls are sooo far in the game with the traveling deal. Rodi(?), she has been travelling forever with her family and now by herself, but of course she’s just met up with her friends but she has been traveling alone. As they were in a couple of German guys who were very sorta secretive and to themselves, they weren’t at all sketchy or anything to worry about but they didn’t share much. And so they were there for that one night only too. Jane and I came back to find another solo traveller. I seem to never remember his name but we refer to him as Italy because he was Italian and also didn’t talk. Bianca: she goes to Berkley in Cali. And she is very insightful as well. I commend her for her solo travels. She’s off to Roma to study Italian. Rona (who had said to remember her name was think of Corona and bam! Rona!) She’s from Georgia state (east) and goes to Georgetown. Tom, who at one point kept being referred to as Stanford (because he goes there…) he’s cool too. I remember his story about a personal guide in Morroco and almost get mugged. It was scary but that convo led to the safety of travelling and whatnot. Anyway last but not least another couple of guys from …. Uhhh some place but I don’t think they said from where… neither do I remember their names…
And then Paul M, also stayed in the same hostel, just different room, who actually in fact had a single room with a nice view of our street, Calle de Arenal. BTW I love Calle de Arenal. It’s full of people, and stores left and right with resturantes, bars, clubs and even a church and a teatro.

No comments:

Post a Comment