Thursday, April 14, 2011

Visitas a San Isidoro

Today : 14 / 4 / 11
Time : 5pm-6:30
**Picture link below

The visit to San Isidoro. At first I wasn't sure what we were visiting, but as we got there it was a church. One of the oldest churchest next to the cathedral. But for a couple of hours, we followed a guide name Javier, who I took a picture of so you'd know who I was talking about. The same guy/dude/ guide that took us around for that Saturday day excursion to the Picos de Europa. Anyway we went into the church following our Spanish guide speaking extreme amounts of spanish.... but surprisingly I understood most of it. Anyway we went through the actual church and then into the museo attached to it, which contained so many interesting things and parts of the church. In the preserved glass cases salas, Javier pointed out a chalice that was created of gold and is actually two cups top and bottom was made a very long time ago. (Date don't remember.)

Anyway.. There was also a place where lay tombs of royalty... I believe 23 bodies/bones/ash. And painting all over the celings.. I couldn't take pictures of these but I can guarentee you that they are muy bonita!

Anyway I hope to stop by for mass inside one day this quarter. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment