Sunday, April 24, 2011

Been Since....

So its has been awhile since I've posted yes... for a couple of reasons...


One: I went along with my Spainish family to Valencia, well actually Cullera, which is actually 5-10 min drive away from Valencia.


Two: Once I got back which was about Thursday evening, Semana Santa has already begun, and so I also wanted to catch up with my friends/classmates.


The "Valencia" trip amazing! I mean I can say I've missed the the beach until I went been there and now say I miss the beach now that I'm back in Leon. Uh I did a little message writting through my phone... (I'll add that later... it pretty much has all the details of the trip... well the whole trip in summary...)

Faro Cullera/Valencia
                *****HERE are some more PICTURES taken from my iPHONE. =)
                        check out my video ... lol One is of a stadium like Spain's mini Colosseum, I mean it was built by the Romans...

When I came back... I came back to rain... boo! not only is it rain in general, but because of it, the parades were cancelled. Which is why I only caught two of them. And don't worry there are pictures... If and WHEN you see them, there are amazing! There has been a band practicing out in San Francisco Park for the past month in the evening. And I always wondered why... other than the obvious for school or a club. But I assumed it was for something big because it was the same song, again and again. Turns out it was one of the three or was it four bands apart of the parades/processions for Semana Santa. And one main reasons there were bands is to keep tempo for the people carrying the platforms.. OOOH those platforms are amazing designed and beautiful. I took pictures this morning from the last procession to show how many people actually carry it. And my spanish family actually explained to me that doing it was like a sacrific. And not only did some just carry it, they sacrificed shoes while doing so. *applaud*


I miss you, St. James Cathedral.
[credit to Steve.Korn]

So I haven't actually came across time to fully attend a mass here in Leon or anywhere in Spain, except for Easter Vigil, and Easter. Easter Vigil was at 11pm, and although everything was in Spain, I understood because I was prepped so well at St. James. Serving as an Altar Server and an Eucharistic Minister, isn't just something I do during mass but something that is a part of me.

Anyway there are a few photos that are dark but of one light.. that's their Pascua candle. I remember like the fire out front of St. James late at night to light our new candle... I took a close up on it earlier today(Sunday).

I've still need to take my city shots of Leon.

Anyway HERE, HERE and HERE are the links(all the same) to my Semana Santa events. =)
So according to the album, WHEN you look through it all, it goes Thursday's procession/parade... thats the one with the hoods... AND NO ITS NOT THE KKK. although my spanish mom likes to refer to it. (she also like to refer to the Yankees...) but anyway then there are the dark shots, and after reviewing them you can see a few people in the shot... one person being the archbishop of Leon. And then goes into Easter mass. There are more pictures of Easter than there are the Vigil because I didn't want to just keep taking fotos. And ends with the last procession without the hoods... like the big last one! Oh yeah I also took a few sample voice memos via Iphone.... check them out and
.
.


HAPPY EASTER!!!
to all my family and friends in Seattle...
**Video was in Cullera, where Ana tried to be a model walking to the music..

2 comments:

  1. GREAT photos. Beautiful church. There's a couple that would be nice to enlarge. Procession looks awesome. Wish we could be there to see it all, but thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you back in Seattle. I'm glad to hear that you're having fun abroad. Keep the blog posts coming.

    ReplyDelete